3515 Broadway Ave.
Great Bend, KS 67530
These simple health screens can identify serious problems BEFORE you have symptoms!
Atrial fibrillation, carotid artery disease, peripheral arterial disease and aortic aneurysms are probably the four most common vascular diseases that afflict Americans. They are certainly the ones that produce the most potential for death and disability.
Early Detection is Vital
In most cases, vascular disease can be treated effectively with early detection. There are several simple screening tests that detect these problems, all of which are non-invasive and painless. St. Rose Health Center, in conjunction with the DeBakey Heart Institute at HaysMed offers cardiovascular screenings. Click here for the fee schedule of the tests listed below.
The tests include:
Atrial Fibrillation – checks for cardiac arrhythmias (Test available in Hays only)
Peripheral Arterial Disease – checks for your risk of having blockages in the leg arteris (PAD)
Stroke Scan – uses the carotid ultrasound with doppler to look inside the carotid arteris to detect early signs of plaque build-up.
Aortic Aneurysm Scan – looks for an abdominal aortic aneurysm. An aneurysm is a ballooning of the arterial wall that may cause the artery to burst.
These tests do not require a physician’s referral. To schedule a screening, please call 1-620-786-6117 or you can request an appointment online.
Peripheral Arterial Disease – $30.00
Do I have it?
- Do you have cramping, aching or fatigue in your legs when you walk?
- Do you have poorly healing ulcers on your feet or toes?
- Do you smoke or have hypertension, diabetes or high cholesterol?
If you answered “YES” to any of the above questions, you are at risk for having blockages in the leg arteries (PAD).
Stroke Scan – $30.00
Carotid Ultrasound with Doppler
- Looks inside the carotid arteries to detect early signs of plaque build-up. Sound waves listen to the blood flowing by the plaque build-up in the carotid arteries.
Aortic Aneurysm Scan – $30.00
Abdominal Aorta Ultrasound
- Looks for an abdominal aortic aneurysm, which causes a ballooning in the arterial wall. This may cause the artery to burst.
ALL Scans – $75.00
Pre-Registration is REQUIRED